It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question about Read-only features for Stakeholder

Yoshihisa Komai (3002422) | asked Mar 15 '13, 3:50 a.m.
Please let me ask following questions.

With regards to Stakeholder license, "Planning: agile, formal, hybrid", "Planning risk assessment" and "Common reporting and analytics" are Read-only.
see https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.1

I can understand read-only of "Planning: agile, formal, hybrid".
e.g. you cannot create or modify a plan.

However, I was not able to figure out what read-only of "Planning risk assessment" and "Common reporting and analytics" mean.

-Regarding "Common reporting and analytics"
I was able to create a report by the user who only has Stakeholder license.
I expected I would get an error due to read-only of "Common reporting and analytics"
Is this expected behavior?

-Regarding "Planning risk assessment"
I don't know what this means.

Could anyone let me know what "Planning risk assessment" and "Common reporting and analytics" mean?

Comments
Yoshihisa Komai commented Mar 21 '13, 3:01 a.m.

Could anyone answer this?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 21 '13, 5:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Reporting: I would assume you can create a report based on an existing template. I would assume you can not create a new report template.
Planning Risk Assesment are special plan views in some of the plans that show planning schdule risk and varations. There are also some special plan checks available that can be used in plans.

Yoshihisa Komai commented Mar 21 '13, 5:55 a.m.

Ralph,
thank you very much for your answer.
With regards to Reporting, I'm still waiting for someone to answer clearly without assumption.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Joseph Mao (440189) | answered Mar 27 '13, 1:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
"Planning risk assessment" in project management is to indicate risk of current project.  In RTC, this is a part of information provided in Plan component, especially on features like, progress bar, load bar, progress report, plan snapshots, grant chat (accumulate time) and etc. 
With Stakeholder license, even this user been assign to role has full permission for plan, he still can not Save/update/delete plan and plan snapshot.

For reporting part,
Stakeholder designed to be able to run report, works for both BIRT and RRDI.   not tested with Insight, but should be the same case.
If using BIRT as report engine, user allow to create folder in report column, deploy report, means create/modify/delete report, but he can not deploy new report resource.
Yoshihisa Komai selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.