It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Requirements incubator

salvatore d'angelo (2631) | asked Aug 22 '07, 4:26 a.m.
Hi all,

on a server machine I installed Jazz Team Server. On my client machine I installed Team Concert All Incubators since I need the Requirements plugin.

Now it's clear to me how Requirement work, but I am not able to see requirements through the Web UI.

Does Jazz support this feature? If so what I have to do in order to be able to see Requirements.

My understanding is that requirements are not managed as work items, in fact in the Team Artifact they appear in different sub tree. Is this correct?

Please help me on that since there is not documentation on this subject.

7 answers

permanent link
salvatore d'angelo (2631) | answered Aug 22 '07, 4:35 a.m.
please I forgot to metion that right clicking on the reuirement and selecting copy Web URL on Clipboard and then pasting it in a browser the following message box appear

Error viewing work item
(Ok)

From this message seems that Requirements are managed as work item, so I am a little bit confusing. Probably I missed some type of configuration on server side for Requirements.

Please help me

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Aug 22 '07, 10:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It looks like a requirement does have a workitem ID when you copy the URL and paste that link in the web. For me, the requirement does come up in the web, and shows up under "work item history" in the client, however does not show up as a work item in the web. I have been searching for any related work items on jazz.net, but have not yet found any that a related, maybe it is time to create one. Although my requirements show up in my "Work Item History" in the client, I did notice that when I query all work items, none of my requirements show up which is a bit confusing. I'll take a longer look for related work items but should probably create one if nothing comes up.

permanent link
Shawn Lauzon (38174) | answered Aug 22 '07, 1:05 p.m.
I have seen the same thing (although I can't seem to create a Requirement, but I can create a Story). I wonder if stories aren't supposed to show up as work items on the webui, and it's a bug that they do.

There is a button on the story called "Create New Implementing Task", and if you press that, it creates a work item that links to the story (and vice versa). However, when the work item is resolved, it doesn't seem to affect the Story, except that the link to the work item is completed.

It would be nice to have something written down about how all the Requirements Incubator project is supposed to work.

permanent link
salvatore d'angelo (2631) | answered Aug 23 '07, 3:48 a.m.
Hi all,
thanks for reply.
shawnlauzon, please can you tell me exactly where is the button "Create New Implementing Task". I do not see this button neither for Story nor for Requirements.

If I well understand, if I press this button Jazz creates a work item connected to my Story (or Requirement) and automatically I am able to see the Requirements through the Web ui. Am I correct?

permanent link
salvatore d'angelo (2631) | answered Aug 23 '07, 3:57 a.m.
Sorry guys,
I found the button but it does not work. Probably the problem is another.

I tried to create a simple Work Item (A Defect for example).
The A clicked on Copy Web URL on Clipboard and paste the addre in the browser.

The error message still appear. So probably I missed something in server configuration.

I simply copied on Linux Red Hat machine the Team Server zip. I unzipped it and started the tomcat server.

Then on client side (where I installed JazzAllIncubators.zip) I started a new Project Area, with a new Team Area and tried to create some Requirements.

What I have missed in this process?

permanent link
salvatore d'angelo (2631) | answered Aug 23 '07, 3:59 a.m.
The server is a Red Hat Enterprise 4 Update 4. Is this platform supported?

permanent link
Shawn Lauzon (38174) | answered Aug 23 '07, 11:36 a.m.
AFAIK Linux should work just fine. In fact, my server is currently running on AIX (which certainly is NOT supported currently), and after linking to a different JRE, works just fine.

The fact that a simple work item doesn't work means that this is unrelated to the Requirements portion. Do you see any errors in catalina.log? Did you look at the service URL (as described in the server setup guide) and make sure you see a couple page worth of services running?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.