It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Process Template Import

Madhu Prabhu (981114) | asked Feb 28 '13, 4:28 p.m.
Is it possible to export a process template that was customized in Rational CLM v4.0 and import it to Rational v4.0.1? We are not upgrading from v4.0 to v4.0.1. It is a new installation but we would like to continue to use the custom process template.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Joseph Salomone (25613) | answered Feb 28 '13, 7:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is possible to import a template from one version to another, but it is not supported. So you can try it. If it doesn't work then you will have to import the templates to a 4.0 server, upgrade that server, export the templates, then import the templates to the 4.0.1 server. It is possible to get this done in less than an hour using a trial version of the server.
Madhu Prabhu selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Madhu Prabhu (981114) | answered Mar 19 '13, 3:58 p.m.
Good news is I was able to import the custom process template from v4.0 to v4.0.1 with no issues and didn't have to deal with upgrades et al.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 19 '13, 10:07 p.m.

how do you know that something is not missing?

we also have the experience in test of using a 3.0.1.1 client with a 4.0.1 server tat you can import and 3.0.1.1 template, but it doesn't match the one that was update when the 3.0.1.1 server was upgraded to 4.0.1 with the same template installed.
I can't remember what was different, just that it was.

permanent link
Madhu Prabhu (981114) | answered Mar 20 '13, 7:27 a.m.
Following the import checked all the customization that was included - they all came through - I had a new work item type, modified workflows, editor presentation, custom enumerations/attributes et al. The scenario/your environment was from 3.0.1.1 to 4.0.1 which is different and explains your missing stuff. In our case maybe because it was 4.0 to 4.0.1 our import worked fine.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.