It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Method Composer 7.2

Jan Pavlovič (3121) | asked Nov 12 '08, 9:16 a.m.
Hello
The integration with Rational Method Composer 7.2 (https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-method-composer/integrations/) works fine on Windows.

But it is working in Linux as well? I was able to import the plugin to the RTC on Linux, however it throws missing licence problem.

I have got valid licence for RMC imported in the Installation Manager.

thanks for any suggestions

--
Jan

15 answers

permanent link
Bruno Braga (48013621) | answered Nov 12 '08, 4:43 p.m.
Hi Jan,

You exported the planned activities from RMC to TC?
Its work?

New projects are created with their activities?

permanent link
Martin Erzberger (131199) | answered Nov 13 '08, 5:07 a.m.
Hello
The integration with Rational Method Composer 7.2 (https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-method-composer/integrations/) works fine on Windows.

But it is working in Linux as well? I was able to import the plugin to the RTC on Linux, however it throws missing licence problem.

--
Jan

Hello, I had a "missing license" problem on Windows when I started RTC with the default locale. After I started TeamConcert with "TeamConcert.exe -nl en_US" in order to force English it worked. Maybe this helps on your system as well.

Regards, Martin

permanent link
Jan Pavlovič (3121) | answered Nov 13 '08, 5:07 a.m.
Actually I exported process from EPF to RMC and than to TC and it's working fine on Windows (direct RMC->TC as well).

But I'm not able to run RTC on Linux with RTC-RMC plugin (licence error).

--
Jan

Hi Jan,

You exported the planned activities from RMC to TC?
Its work?

New projects are created with their activities?

permanent link
Jan Pavlovič (3121) | answered Nov 13 '08, 5:35 a.m.
Hello

--
Jan

Hello, I had a "missing license" problem on Windows when I started RTC with the default locale. After I started TeamConcert with "TeamConcert.exe -nl en_US" in order to force English it worked. Maybe this helps on your system as well.

Regards, Martin

Thank you Martin,
I helped me to run the RTC with no error, however when I try to import OpenUP library I receive: error while automatically activating bundle com.ibm.rmc.library.distributed (740).

--
Jan

permanent link
Martin Erzberger (131199) | answered Nov 13 '08, 6:35 a.m.

I helped me to run the RTC with no error, however when I try to import OpenUP library I receive: error while automatically activating bundle com.ibm.rmc.library.distributed (740).

How far do you get? Can you open the regular RMC 7.2 library? Can you open (not import) OpenUP 1.0 (the current OpenUP version needs RMC 7.5, I think, so you can't open it with 7.2)?
What do you mean by "import"?
I would suggest you run the tutorial and see how far you get, and then report back.

Regards, Martin

permanent link
Jan Pavlovič (3121) | answered Nov 13 '08, 7:55 a.m.
yeah I ment open (not import). I'm using RTC 1.0.1, RMC 7.2fix3, OpenUP-1.0-20070801 and folowing http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/dw-r-methods-team-concert.html

3.5. step install RMC-RTC - OK
3.7. check the licence - Fail
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.LUMClient.LumCoreClient (initialization failure)

open->method library - Fail
error while automatically activating bundle com.ibm.rmc.library.distributed (740)

I'm working on Fedora 10 32bit.

I'll try RMC 7.5 as well and post the update.

--
Jan

How far do you get? Can you open the regular RMC 7.2 library? Can you open (not import) OpenUP 1.0 (the current OpenUP version needs RMC 7.5, I think, so you can't open it with 7.2)?
I would suggest you run the tutorial and see how far you get, and then report back.

Regards, Martin

permanent link
Halil Bahadır (1113924) | answered Nov 13 '08, 8:16 a.m.
Hello,
Does this plug-in just works for RMC 7.2 or does it work with RMC 7.5 ?

is anyone tried this?

Regards
Halil.

permanent link
Jan Pavlovič (3121) | answered Nov 14 '08, 1:02 p.m.
I was not able to install RMC-7.5 on Fedora 10. (JVM terminated Exit code 13)

Although I dont suppose that I need RMC installed for deploying process. This is only for importing XML exports from RMC. Since there is only v 7.2 plugin released I will not be able to open models from RMC 7.5 in RTC.

--
Jan

yeah I ment open (not import). I'm using RTC 1.0.1, RMC 7.2fix3, OpenUP-1.0-20070801 and folowing http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/dw-r-methods-team-concert.html

3.5. step install RMC-RTC - OK
3.7. check the licence - Fail
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.LUMClient.LumCoreClient (initialization failure)

open->method library - Fail
error while automatically activating bundle com.ibm.rmc.library.distributed (740)

I'm working on Fedora 10 32bit.

I'll try RMC 7.5 as well and post the update.

--
Jan

Regards, Martin

permanent link
Jan Pavlovič (3121) | answered Nov 16 '08, 11:43 a.m.
It work's only for processes created in RMC 7.2 (based on epf 1.2). The new version of RMC 7.5 (based of epf 1.5) produces incompatible output.

--
Jan

Hello,
Does this plug-in just works for RMC 7.2 or does it work with RMC 7.5 ?

is anyone tried this?

Regards
Halil.

permanent link
Angelo Gülle (1122) | answered Nov 17 '08, 8:29 a.m.
I noticed something interesting while playing with the RMC-RTC bridge.

1. If I want to export a Jazz Process Template from a delivery process, the bridge checks if there are any phases or iterations in it.
That works fine as long the phase or iteration is a child of the delivery phase. But if I'm going to deep copy a complete capability process to the delivery process, the exporter complains about missing phases or iterations. When I pick the single phases and iterations from the capability process and copy them piece by piece it works fine, maybe because they become childs of the delivery process. Seems as if the exporter doesnt search deep enough.

2. If I get the content of a delivery process from an extended variabilty (i.e. a capability process), the tasks in it will not be created as work items.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.