It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is meaning of "Not Applicable" category in Prod Backlog Plan

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Jan 31 '13, 12:45 p.m.
edited Jan 31 '13, 2:07 p.m.
Background:   RTC 4.0.1
It is also my understanding that Plans are best viewed on Web for discussion that follows

Customer raises issue that their Product Backlog isn't showing all the planned items even though it reports the correct information about open,closed, etc.   When I look at the plan in Eclipse only about 90 planned items are displayed in a couple of categories.   Viewing in Web UI shows this mysterious "Not Applicable" category that contains the bulk of the 'missing' items.

I checked that the Work Item Categories have associations, there is a mix of team vs project mappings. Plan is owned by the Project.  

Additionally, there is what seems to be a custom entry to the Plan View Elements selecting on an attribute for which 361 work items have "Unassigned" value.  Found many of the work items that are defined to have this attribute show many un-synchronized work items.

What is the cause of this N/A category ?

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Mar 08 '13, 12:24 p.m.

Anyone ?  Bueller ?  :-D

Kevin Ramer commented Mar 08 '13, 2:06 p.m.

Ok.  I think this boils down to the "Load all execution items" on the plan configuration.  I found a 2nd plan in this particular project that displays the same information in Eclipse UI and Web UI.  The difference in the two is that the 2nd has the "Load all..." checked and the subject plan does not.

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Mar 08 '13, 2:56 p.m.
Yes, it was the Load all ...
Apparently the Web UI does this regardless of the setting on the Plan.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 09 '13, 2:54 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The "Load all items" checkbox isn't working for me either ... I've added a comment to the defect work item loads all the items even if include all is not selected (209188) indicating that I am seeing this bug as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.