It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Include Time Entry in a Query

Rafael Hernandez (3222334) | asked Jan 24 '13, 7:34 p.m.

Hi everybody,

Is there any way to include a time entry in a query,

I want to generate a query that show me the hours register by the developer in certain days; for example the total hours registered on monday.

thanks in advance

3 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Jan 25 '13, 7:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rafael,
How are you calculating the hours registered by the developer?  Some work items have a "Time Spent" attribute, but developers typically use this attribute for the total time spent working on the work item rather than the time spent on a particular day.  If you wanted to query the total time spent for work items that were resolved on Monday, you could query for work items with Resolution Date "is" 1/21/13.  Then you could adjust the Column Display to include Time Spent.

permanent link
Rafael Hernandez (3222334) | answered Jan 25 '13, 11:16 a.m.

Hi Lauren, thanks for your answer,

Im calculating the hours using the Time Estimates attribute, the project leaders writes the Estimate time and before finishing the task, the developer writes the correction time, for example 10 hours.

Next to that, the developer goes to add a time entry and "justify" the 10 hours specifying how much hours inverted per day

thanks in advance

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Jan 25 '13, 12:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rafael,

It sounds like what you want to do is create a query with Resolution date after some date and before another date.  Then you can edit the Column Display to show the Time Estimate and Time Spent columns.  Click on the button in the upper right with a printer type icon "View Full Result Set in Printable Format."  Then you could copy and paste that table into your favorite spreadsheet program and do whatever calculations you like.

I'm not very familiar with custom reporting, but you may be able to configure a report in RTC that will generate this data for you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.