June 15, 2018
Collaborative Lifecycle Management
Design, test, analyze, develop, deliver ... integrated by design
Collaborative Lifecycle Management 4.0.5
Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management 4.0.5 New & Noteworthy
For new and noteworthy information about the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM), see these pages:
- Jazz Foundation (Jazz Team Server) 4.0.5
- Change and Configuration Management 4.0.5
- Quality Management 4.0.5
- Requirements Management 4.0.5
New in previous versions of the Rational solution for CLM
For details about new features and functionality in previous releases, see these pages:
- Rational solution for CLM New & Noteworthy 4.0.4
- Rational solution for CLM New & Noteworthy 4.0.3
- Rational solution for CLM New & Noteworthy 4.0.2
- Rational solution for CLM New & Noteworthy 4.0.1
New in the Rational solution for CLM 4.0.5
In the 4.0.5 release, the default time-out values for licenses changed:
- Floating licenses: The default time-out value changed from 7200 seconds (120 minutes) to 3600 seconds (60 minutes).
- Token licenses: The default time-out value changed from 7200000 ms (120 minutes) to 1800000 ms (30 minutes).
In 4.0.5, the minimum time-out values for licenses are as follows:
- Floating licenses: The minimum time-out value changed from 7200 seconds (120 minutes) to 1800 seconds (30 minutes).
- Token licenses: The minimum time-out value remains at 1800000 ms (30 minutes). This value has been the same since the 4.0.3 release.
- Floating licenses: See step 4 in Installing and managing floating client access license keys.
- Token licenses: See the note in step 4 in Setting up the Rational Common Licensing token service keys.
In the 4.0.5 release, the reset frequency for the time-out of token licenses changed. Before this release, the time-out value was reset only after the license expired. Now, most actions reset the time-out value of the license to the value of the time-out. This change makes the resetting of the time-out for token licenses the same as for floating licenses. This change causes the lmgrd.log file on the Rational License Key Server to increase in size faster than it used to, because each reset of the license causes entries to be written to the lmgrd.log file. That file is in the common directory. For example, on Windows systems, the file is typically in C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RationalRLKS\common\lmgrd.log.