IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) Templates for SAFe®
Bhawana Gupta, IBM
Last Updated: 27 April 2023
Build basis: Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) 7.0.2
This article provides the latest SAFe templates for organizations that have deployed a version of Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM), formerly Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management. This includes any of the products that are part of the ELM solution. Templates can be used to create new project areas using the templates provided here on jazz.net. Alternatively, if you have existing project areas and cannot use the templates, you can configure your own SAFe environment following the step-by-step guidance provided in the Configuring the SAFe® Methodology in ELM article.
SAFe 6.0 templates are provided for the Engineering Workflow Management (EWM), Engineering DOORS Next, and Engineering Test Management (ETM) products (formerly Rational Team Concert, Rational DOORS Next Generation, and Rational Quality Manager, respectively). A Lifecycle Project Area template is also provided.
If you want templates prior to the latest version, please use the templates provided in ELM out-of-the-box.
Using the templates
Refer to these instructions on how to use the SAFe 6.0 templates in IBM ELM:
The templates are delivered to support each of the four SAFe 6.0 configurations. Use the templates that correspond to the configuration of SAFe you are interested in. If you are unsure how to choose, visit the Scaled Agile Framework® website: www.scaledagileframework.com
Use one or more of these templates to establish an ART/Team tooling environment for the “Essential SAFe 6.0” configuration
- EWM Template: safe60essential.process.ibm.com.zip
- DOORS Next Template: SAFe 6.0 Essential Component Template.zip
- ETM Template: safe60essential.process.ibm.com.zip
Use one or more of these templates to establish a tooling environment for Portfolio or Large Solution or Portfolio 6.0 configuration. This environment is associated with one or more Essential SAFe Program/Team tooling environments.
- EWM Template: safe60full.process.ibm.com.zip
- DOORS Next Template: SAFe 6.0 Full Component Template.zip
- ETM Template: safe60full.process.ibm.com.zip
Lifecycle Project Template
Use this lifecycle template to establish a cross-domain tooling environment with the required associations using Essential SAFe 6.0 or Full SAFe 6.0 templates at a go.
- LPA template for ELM 7.0.2: safe60alm.integrated.templatev2.zip
The reports and related documentation for this release can be downloaded from the Agile@Scale Reports article in the jazz.net library.
- Refer to the following to help you make your SAFe 6.0 adoption in ELM easier and more successful:
- How-to-use-the-SAFe-6.0-templates-in-ELM.pdf – You can follow step-by-step guidance to configure tooling environment for SAFe Portfolio, Large Solution, Portfolio or Essential SAFe 6.0 configuration in IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management 7.0.2 using SAFe 6.0 templates.
- Configuring SAFe 6.0 in ELM – You can follow the step-by-step guidance in this document to configure a SAFe V6.0 tooling environment by customizing an existing project area.
- Enterprise Scaled Agile Domain Models (SAFe 6.0) – You can use the set of domain models for our support of SAFe 6.0 to better understand how the reports access the data and links across a system and also define your own domain models that dictate how the reports may need to be altered for your specific environment.
You can find additional details on what’s new and noteworthy in the SAFe 6.0 templates in this presentation brief in the Jazz.net library. For all other details, refer to the home page for our SAFe support on jazz.net.
Need help? Contact the SAFe team: email@example.com
About the author
Bhawana Gupta is a Senior Product Manager in the IBM Engineering Product Management team. She is responsible for driving the solution and capabilities for agile@scale and SAFe in the Engineering Lifecycle Management solution. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright IBM Corporation 2023