It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

dependency in fields

Merav Etzyon (71012) | asked Jan 09 '13, 9:10 a.m.
retagged Jan 13 '13, 10:55 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
 Hello
i have two fields which i want their content to be based on the first one. 
i.g. When choosing field A (Project) i want a certain list to be presented to choose from. 
when choosing a different project i want another list to show. 

how can i do that in RTC?
thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Jan 13 '13, 10:55 a.m.
Also see this help topic:  Configuring a dependent enumeration value set.

Ken
Merav Etzyon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Merav Etzyon commented Jan 14 '13, 3:08 a.m.

Thanks!!!!!

This is exactly what i wanted!!!!! :) 

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 09 '13, 9:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please see https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 Lab 4 and the hinted links about what is available out of the box today. The workshop part covering JavaScript should be published soon too. JavaScript could add a bit more flexibility.

Please be aware, that workitem customization and JavaScript are limited today and it might be possible that your request can not be solved using them today. It is possible to code value provides as extension to the Eclipse and the Web UI, but it is quite complex. In contrast, it is easier to create a Server pre-condition, that prevents saving wrong combinations. So if you can't use customization or scripting, I would suggest looking into preconditions.

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jan 09 '13, 9:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
check this page https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#Dependent_Enumerations_4_0
about dependent enums.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.