It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Multiline tooltip

Nilesh Patil (1734150) | asked Dec 26 '12, 7:12 a.m.
I want to display multiline tooltip on mouse over on attribute. I am able to show the tooltip on mouse over but I want this description should be display in multiple line. I tried  by adding \n, \r, \n\r also i tried by adding html nothing is working. Can anyone suggest how to achieve this?

2 answers

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jun 07 '13, 7:04 a.m.
If you are still interested or for others who are searching for the same, I figured a way to achieve this and posted the solution in the other post.
See https://jazz.net/forum/questions/115489/how-to-make-a-description-of-attributes-to-2-or-3-line-instead-of-1-line-in-editor-presentation

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jun 07 '13, 7:49 a.m.

nice, thanks!..

Pavithra Kasturirangan commented Sep 23 '15, 10:34 a.m. | edited Jan 23 '16, 4:21 p.m.

Hi Indradi, The mentioned solution doesn't seem to work on 5.0.2. Has anyone tried this in 5.0.2 yet?

Shai Shapira commented Jan 20 '16, 9:55 a.m. | edited Jan 23 '16, 4:20 p.m.

Indradi - Brilliant.

Works great on 5.0.2

Pavithra Kasturirangan commented Jan 20 '16, 11:43 p.m.

I confirm that this works.... We will have to insert 
 within Project source configuration lines. 

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Jan 03 '13, 9:11 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I presume you are using the Description aspect of the Editor Presentation to do this? If so, I read another forum post earlier today where a similar use case was raised and this is not possible at this time. See https://jazz.net/forum/questions/97692/how-to-properly-configure-fields-for-fill-in-later-default-values-user-help-something

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.