It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a RQM REST API available to trigger "Repair back link" functionality in 4.0.1 ?

Prasun Roy (1674813) | asked Dec 13 '12, 11:47 a.m.
 When a Test case in RQM that has a link to a requirement module in DOORS is duplicated then the new Test case has a link to the requirement, but the DOORS requirement doesn't have any backlink to the new Test case. This issue is addressed in RQM 4.0.1 through the "Repair back link" functionality. But we are looking for a way to automate it through RQM REST API. We have a custom application that uses REST API to make copy of Test cases so we want to fix the back links through this application.

One answer

permanent link
Zhuo Chang (161) | answered Dec 21 '12, 2:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 21 '12, 2:28 a.m.
Yeah, we can use REST API to Repair back link.

Comments
Prasun Roy commented Dec 21 '12, 6:46 a.m.

I know that we can use REST API to Repair back link but this would require a lot of custom code which is very difficult to manage for a variety of reasons. The XML feed returned by Rest API differ among different versions of CLM and DOORS ( e.g. CLM 4.0.1 and 4.0 have different tags in XML feed). I wanted to piggy back on the "Repair back link" functionality that is provided in RQM 4.0.1. Looking for a URL (REST URL) that will trigger the functionality and fix the back link. I expected IBM to do this as they went half way in fixing the issue but didn't go through to completely eliminating it. IBM should have called the Repair functionality after making a copy of a Test Case that has a link to DOORS requirements but instead they left it to the user to manually do it. Now imagine if we copy 500 Test cases at once then it is painful to fix all back link issues 1 by 1.

Paul Slauenwhite commented Dec 21 '12, 8:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, there is no REST API to discover and repair missing backlinks (https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_set_userprefs_qm.html).  You would have to manually update referenced RM/CM resource using the OSLC RM V2/OSLC CCM V2 APIs in RRC/RTC.

Vaibhav S commented Dec 20 '17, 10:54 p.m. | edited Dec 20 '17, 10:55 p.m.

Hi. 

How can we manually update the referenced RM resource.

Any leads, please let me know.

Thanks
Vaibhav

Paul Slauenwhite commented Dec 21 '17, 7:26 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Vaibhav, you would need to use the OSLC QM V2 API (http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/RmSpecificationV2).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.