It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Searching Workitems by Text string

Murthy Rallapalli (6111) | asked Oct 29 '08, 12:13 p.m.
When I search a workitem by text string it is resulting in 0 results. When I search by RTC generated ID, it is returning the results. Any setting I need to on server for Text searching?

3 answers

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Oct 29 '08, 6:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Text search is performed using Lucece index.

The lucene index location is specified using
"IndexLocation" property in com.ibm.team.fulltext.service.internal.FullTextServiceImpl section.

You can edit the property using https://yourServerName:9443/jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configureAdvanced.

The default value of the property is indexLocation under the server directory. If you have created the database using one server install and moved the server install to a new directory, you have to move the lucene directory or edit the property to reference the correct index location.

The index is updated whenever you save a workitem.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

When I search a workitem by text string it is resulting in 0 results. When I search by RTC generated ID, it is returning the results. Any setting I need to on server for Text searching?

permanent link
Gaston Williams (81126) | answered Oct 31 '08, 3:55 p.m.
I checked the server that Murthy is using and the indexLocation is valid. This database was not moved from another server.

After experimenting with Murthy's work items on our server I found that this error only occurs if the work item's name ends in a number. For example Murthy was searching for a work item named Project1. The search works fine for words that don't end in a number, but fails for words that end in a number.

If I rename the work item "Project 1" Murthy can search on the word "Project" and it works.

Should I open a bug for this?

Text search is performed using Lucece index.

The lucene index location is specified using
"IndexLocation" property in com.ibm.team.fulltext.service.internal.FullTextServiceImpl section.

You can edit the property using https://yourServerName:9443/jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configureAdvanced.

The default value of the property is indexLocation under the server directory. If you have created the database using one server install and moved the server install to a new directory, you have to move the lucene directory or edit the property to reference the correct index location.

The index is updated whenever you save a workitem.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

permanent link
Work Item & UI Commons Team (1.3k1) | answered Nov 05 '08, 5:03 a.m.
63760: Work Item search fails when text ends in a number

is tracking this now.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.