It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Blocks/Depends on link is ignored in the roadmap view

Martin Wassermann (13864144) | asked Dec 05 '12, 4:56 a.m.
edited Dec 06 '12, 4:29 a.m.

have a „Depends On“ link between two work items. The work items has different owner. When I display the work items in the roadmap vie of the plan, they start at the same time.

I would expect that the work item that depends on the other work item cannot start earlier than the other work item is finished. Is this a bug in the roadmap view or must I change the process configuration? (I use the scrum template)

Roadmap View Hi,

3 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Dec 05 '12, 5:01 a.m.
I believe this is because IBM says that Depend on and Blocks are 'advisory' links, and not functional.
ie out of the box a 'depends on', does not prevent a workitem from resolving even tho the words say otherwise.
We have implemented a process advisor extension, source shared here on jazz.net, to enforce this behavior

not that this is a solution, but if you make these children instead does the diagram draw correctly and calculate time properly?

Sam

Comments
Arun Batra commented Dec 05 '12, 5:26 a.m.

Hi, I am interested in this behavior too.
Request you to provide us the link to obtain this process advisor.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Dec 05 '12, 9:21 a.m.

permanent link
Martin Wassermann (13864144) | answered Dec 06 '12, 4:28 a.m.
@Sam. Thanks for the answer. But do I have to extend the RTC Server, or is there also a functional link between two work items that I can user for that behavior?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 06 '12, 6:36 a.m.

the only functional link I am aware of is Parent/Child, but I don't know if it affects the Roadmap View

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.