It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

validation based on approvals

Naveen Chandani (4812022) | asked Nov 29 '12, 4:36 a.m.
By default there is a feature to enforce the approvals for WI by using validation feature in RTC 4.0.

However as per my current scenario, I need to set up a validation which will allow the user to close the work item only after the approval is completed. In case if there is no approval tagged to the WI then it should allow the user to close the work item.

Could you please let me know if it is feasible to configure such validation rule.

Comments
V Niranjan commented Nov 29 '12, 4:51 a.m.

There is a precondition on "Save Work Item(Server) " called Required Approval. You can then enforce it for a particular  WI Type.

Naveen Chandani commented Nov 29 '12, 5:06 a.m.

In that case it will not allow me to close the work item even if no approvals are tagged to that workitem.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 29 '12, 6:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I checked in my 4.0 and it shows the Required approval Precondition has a flag "Enforce only for existing approvals" which I would assume does what you want. Did you try that?

Naveen Chandani selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.