It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Missing scm component

David Beange (111359101) | asked Nov 20 '12, 1:02 p.m.
We had the PA all set up and working for SCM and had successfully configured it to Synchronise with Clearcase and also to perform builds on that same code. However I am now unable to see the component called "sync" in the Project Area and wondered if you knew how this could be retrieved,

I can see from looking at the "Recent Events" view that it was there on 9/11  as the owner was changed

I can see the output of the synchronise jobs but I am unable to now see the component in either a repository workspace or stream.

But now if I check the synchronised stream "Dev_SW_Upgrade" there are no components in the stream. I have also checked the known workspaces and am unable to see the component even as one being owned by a user as opposed to the Project,

My workspace is there and it's flow target is the above stream but no component.

If I try and Add a component I am unable to find it from checking other streams or workspaces.
I think it is a problem that the ownership of the component is wrong and something I have probably done but I am unable to see it to be able to change it. Do you have any suggestions

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 20 '12, 1:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It sounds like since the ownership of the component was changed, you now do not have access to the component. This means you won't be able to see the component at all. It probably still exists in your workspace (if it existed in there previously).

You can confirm that you don't have visibility with an admin or whoever owns the component now. If a user owns the component, check the visibility on it. If it's private, you won't be able to see the component unless you're an admin. If a project area owns the component, check that you have access to the project area since the component will follow those permissions for visibility.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.