It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Continue Work In function not working as expected

Adam Boukal (38124) | asked Mar 06 '14, 8:23 a.m.
I was trying to use the Continue Work In function within the thick client on version 4.0.5.  I noticed that while it creates a duplicate of the task I attempted to "continue", it does not copy all of the attributes before it closes it.  It basically created a task with the spent hours and the date, but filled out almost none of the fields including the summary or any custom attributes.  It did however, properly set the "planned for" to the correct iteration on the old task as well as add a link to the continued task but that was really it.

Seems like in order to do this the way RTC 'tries' to do it, I have to copy the "old" task into the current iteration, adjust for the spent hours, add a link to the continued item, and then close it.  Then open up the old task, set the planned for to the next iteration and again adjust the time.

This is all quite tedious.  Does anyone have any other suggestions that involve a less manual process until this function works more reliably?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Mar 06 '14, 8:28 a.m.
There is an enhancement for that:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=216161
Unfortunately, planned for backlog
Adam Boukal selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Adam Boukal commented Mar 06 '14, 8:32 a.m.

Thanks for the link Piotr.  I'll keep an eye out for that change in a future release.  In the meantime, is there any other less manual way to do this or am I stuck doing it the way I have been?

Piotr Aniola commented Mar 06 '14, 8:43 a.m.

I can't think of anything short of implementing your own solution using the RTC SDK or client API.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.