It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error while importing tar files for Rational Team Concert 4.0 Extensibility Lab Exercises

Andrew Soloninka (1111) | asked Oct 25 '12, 1:19 p.m.
edited Oct 25 '12, 1:20 p.m.
 While working through the Rational Team Concert 4.0 Extensibility Lab Exercises, I attempted to import the the workshop repositories. The following error was generated:

CRJAZ2403E The version of the data that you are trying to import does not match the version of this tool.  The "com.ibm.team.repository" component in the exported file uses version "28". However, this import tool can handle only version "30".

The file I attempted to import was RTCExtensionsJTSRepository-40-20120703.tar.

How do I correct this.

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Oct 25 '12, 6:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Andrew - check what version of RTC you are using - and the info on the lab exercises - it may be you have an incompatible version of RTC OR your repotools is the wrong version.

4 answers

permanent link
Joseph Mao (440189) | answered Oct 25 '12, 8:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andrew,
are you using rtc 4.0.0.1 or later version?  there is chance lab only works for rtc 4.0

Comments
Andrew Soloninka commented Oct 26 '12, 9:38 a.m.

Joseph, I am using 4.0.0.1 

Thorsten Ferres commented Mar 15 '13, 10:57 a.m.

This is a very unsatisfactory answer. We need to work with an RTC 4.0.1-based server (or even newer, but that is the latest stable version available) because we need the additional features that are available in those versions.
If I am trying to do a lab that was created for RTC 4 I would expect that it works with ALL RTC 4 or later versions - or at least with all RTC 4.x versions!

permanent link
Jayasimha K S (1335) | answered Oct 17 '13, 6:33 a.m.
One solution to the above problem is to have repotools to allow importing data from the same generation of RTC versions. I assume that there may not much of a database schema change within the same RTC generations. Hence the repotools can support importing data for e.g. across 4.x repositories.

permanent link
Javier Paez (4616) | answered Nov 28 '13, 5:17 a.m.
Hi

I have the same problem when I try to import the file  RTCExtensionsJTSRepository-40-20120703.tar. to RTC 4.0.3.

How could I get the that tar file for RTC 4.0.3?

Thank you in advance!!!

permanent link
Jim Hart (1134) | answered Feb 26 '14, 2:17 p.m.
Same here - ugh

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.