It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error on JTS(3.0.0.1) server tab - CRJAZ1992E The task "com.ibm.team.repository.ItemCleanupTask" has failed with an unexpected error

Raj Kapoor (2742031) | asked Oct 24 '12, 3:21 a.m.
retagged May 25 '13, 4:33 p.m. by Scott Rich (57136)
 CRJAZ1992E The task "com.ibm.team.repository.ItemCleanupTask" has failed with an unexpected error which has caused it to be unscheduled. The error message is "Failed to prepare connection". Please check your server logs for details.

Even the data collection job is not runnning after that and is also not giving any error.

LOGS FROM SERVER-

2012-10-24 00:04:59,853 [ jts: AsynchronousTaskRunner-0] ERROR com.ibm.team.datawarehouse                          - Failed to prepare connection
com.ibm.team.repository.common.InternalRepositoryException: Failed to prepare connection
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService.withCurrentConnection(ConnectionPoolService.java:372)
        at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService.write(RemoteDatabaseService.java:196)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered May 27 '13, 6:06 a.m.
You can try to increase the JDBC Connection Pool Wait Time from the Advance Properties page from 3000 (default) to something more like 10000 and see how it goes.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kegham Anbarjian commented Nov 19 '14, 5:56 p.m.

This suggestion worked for my environment, in RTC 4.0.3.

Thanks,
Kevin

2 other answers

permanent link
Dmitry Lapygin (1112) | answered Sep 14 '17, 9:06 a.m.

I had the same error and suggestion to increase the JDBC Connection Pool Wait Time works for me (ver. 6.0.0.0).

I set 6000 instead of 3000 for all JAZZ applications.

permanent link
Aljo George (1117) | answered Jul 19 '20, 11:36 p.m.

I have encountered this error today morning and the solution recommended by Indradri  worked. CLM: 605 no patches. Tnx. Aljo George 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.