It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"cannot open .log file" error with ECJ logging

Emmanuel Geay (1611) | asked Oct 13 '08, 11:03 a.m.
Hello,

I'm running RTC 1.0. I have recently added JUnit and compilation logs as a contribution to my build results. It worked fine for the JUnit case by following the docs, however I'm stuck regarding the compilation logs contribution. Here's my problem.
I compiled my project with Eclipse JDT compiler and added the next compiler argument in the javac command so I can ask for the generation of a log:

compilerarg compiler="org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter"

line="-warn:-unchecked -log ${compilation.dir}/logs/core-compilation-log.xml"

(Naturally I made sure before in my Ant file that directory "${compilation.dir}/logs" is created)
It works correctly when I run my Ant file within Eclipse (i.e. with an Ant run configuration), but when this file is launched through RTC BuildSystem, I get the next error on the javac command:

cannot open .log file: ../build-info/compilation/logs/core-compilation-log.xml

The message "cannot open .log file" is strange to me. The only .log file I'm aware of is the one within Eclipse metadata. I don't see why the Eclipse compiler would need to access such file. Basically, I don't understand where the problem could come from at that point. I've looked at RTC buildsystem install and I've seen an empty workspace directory. The .metadata directory contained no log file. I created an empty one... but it hasn't solved my problem (as I was expecting it to be honest). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Ryan Manwiller (1.3k1) | answered Oct 13 '08, 1:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you have not yet tried it, can you try to get compile publishing working
in the context of this example?

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AntBuildCompileAndTest

---
Ryan Manwiller
Jazz Team

permanent link
Emmanuel Geay (1611) | answered Oct 13 '08, 5:26 p.m.
Ok. I found the problem. The log file name given to ECJ was relative to the current directory but it seems it wants here an absolute path :-/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.