It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Force usage of the RTC / ClearCase Bridge?

Greg Smith (31126) | asked Apr 21 '11, 5:17 p.m.
Is there a way in which you could force Activities in Clearcase to be associated with some Work Item in RTC?

I guess this would be some document that would go through the steps to configure ClearCase, such that if your Activity doesn't have an associated Work Item, then you can't check in files.

The bridge would be much more useful to us if we could enforce its usage. With out enforcement, people forget.

Oh, and on the same subject, is there a way to see in in the list of "My Activities" if an activity does have an associated work item? It seems like you have to right click -> show activities just to see -- as its not available as a column.

We're using Jazz 2.0.0.2 at the moment.

Thanks,
Greg

5 answers

permanent link
Carol Yutkowitz (51) | answered Apr 22 '11, 7:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Greg,

There is no way to force the usage of the RTC/ClearCase bridge from the UI; however, it is possible to write a ClearCase trigger that uses OSLC to create bridge links (and/or to simply disallow checkin if such links are not present). I have just completed an article on how to access and create bridge links from trigger scripts that will be published shortly on jazz.net. Keep an eye out for it -- I will try to remember to reply to this thread again, too, once it is published.

Right now, the only way to see an association from My Activities is to right click on the activity and say Open Work Items (or Remove Work Items to see the list, and then Cancel so you don't actually remove any). The ClearCase team is investigating adding special icons for upcoming releases, focusing first on base ClearCase rather than UCM. If such an icon for activities would be useful to you, please submit a ClearCase RFE to help increase the priority for decorators on activity icons in the Unified Client (CCRC).

Carol Yutkowitz
ClearCase Connectors team

permanent link
Carol Yutkowitz (51) | answered May 05 '11, 11:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The article has now been published: http://jazz.net/library/article/636.

Carol Yutkowitz

permanent link
KrishnaKanth Naik (76511015) | answered Aug 01 '11, 6:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The above links for article 636 seems to be broken is there any other reference material on this topic, I am not able to find any document on
setting up the ClearCase(712.3) Bridge for RTC 301.

permanent link
Carol Yutkowitz (51) | answered Aug 01 '11, 10:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The above links for article 636 seems to be broken is there any other reference material on this topic, I am not able to find any document on

Sorry, the browser is interpreting the '.' at the end of the sentence as part of the URL. Try http://jazz.net/library/article/636 .

permanent link
Carol Yutkowitz (51) | answered Aug 01 '11, 10:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Also, if you are just trying to set up the bridge and not trying to customize it with OSLC, you probably just want to read the sections in the on-line help rather than the article above.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.doc/topics/c_bridge_intro.html

Carol

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.