It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Got "Invalid user ID or password"

Marc Yves Desravines (111) | asked Oct 01 '12, 3:49 p.m.
When I try logging in JTS, using user/password ADMIN/ADMIN, I got "Invalid user ID or password".
I downloaded and installed the packages using IBM installer. I ran the "Start Jazz Team Server" and the I went to the the URL for customizing the server which showed a Jazz team server login page. I used ADMIN/ADMIN. It gave "Invalid user ID or password".

Please help!

One answer

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54349) | answered Oct 01 '12, 4:17 p.m.
edited Oct 01 '12, 4:19 p.m.
Check here. You probably need to use the LDAP user with JazzAdmin privileges to log in

2. The Jazz Team Server login page appears.
  • Type ADMIN (case-sensitive) in both the User ID and Password fields. Click Log In.
  • Do not use ADMIN (case-sensitive) as user ID and password if you enabled applications to use Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) on WebSphere® Application Server. Instead, login as an LDAP registered user who has JazzAdmin privileges. Note that the LDAP user or group must be mapped to the repository group. For mapping security roles to a user or repository group, see Step 9 in this topic.

Comments
Marc Yves Desravines commented Oct 08 '12, 6:37 a.m.

Hi Clement,

Thanks for your answer.  I'm not using LDAP. I remarked that I had to start the server as Administrator. I'm using Windows 7. So I right clicked on the "Start the Jazz Team Server"  and Run as Administrator. The server start normally and I could login.

Bo Chulindra commented Oct 08 '12, 12:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@mydesravines: you are using Tomcat then? Can you check the server logs to see if there is any useful information there? See the Info Center topic for help finding the logs.

Marc Yves Desravines commented Oct 08 '12, 1:06 p.m.

Yes BO. I'm using Tomcat. Everything is ok now. The server was not start well because it wasn't start as Administrator. So I ran it as Administrator (under Windows) and it was started fine and could login as ADMIN/ADMIN.
I also finished with the configuration and now I can start with my learning...:)

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 09 '12, 2:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please note: never, never install into Program Files in Windows. Use an install path such as <drive>:/IBM/CLM40/JazzTeamServer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.