It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query regarding use of the Testcaseupdater

Brijraj Beriwal (1311417) | asked Sep 27 '12, 2:18 a.m.
edited Sep 27 '12, 2:20 a.m.

Column :   A                        B                                             C                           D

Req-1          req description                     TC.1                   Test desc 1

Req-2          req description                     TC.2.1                Test desc 2.1       

Req-2          req description                     TC.2.2                Test desc 2.2

requirement.XLSStartRow=8

requirement.XLSArtifactID=A

requirement.dc:title=A

requirement.dc:description=B

testcase.XLSStartRow=8

testcase.XLSDelimeter=\n

testcase.XLSArtifactID=C

testcase.dc:title=F

testcase.dc:description=G

My excel table is shown above and the config file I used is shown below. After exporting the testcases and requirements get exported. But when I run test case updater no linking takes place.

Could anyone tell me as to why they are not getting linked and what changes should i  make to the config for proper export and linking?

Also apart from Testcaseupdater is there any other tool of linking testcases to requiremnts?

One answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Sep 27 '12, 2:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brijraj,
the TestcaseUpdater only link the test case and requirement with the same external id.
so you need to change the config file
testcase.XLSArtifactID=C  to testcase.XLSArtifactID=A
or
requirement.XLSArtifactID=A  to requirement.XLSArtifactID=C

Comments
Brijraj Beriwal commented Sep 27 '12, 3:19 a.m.

if i change requirement.XLSArtifactID=A  to requirement.XLSArtifactID=C duplication of the requiremnt2 is taking place in the above scenario.

could u please help in resolving the above error?

Hao Wan commented Sep 27 '12, 4:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Brijraj, are you using Excel Importer 2.0 or 3.0?

Hao Wan commented Sep 27 '12, 4:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

by the way, I think testcaseUpdater can only deal with the 1-1 link, seems you want to link 2 requirement to one testcase.

Brijraj Beriwal commented Sep 27 '12, 5:16 a.m.

I am using excel importer 2.0. I want to link 2 testcases with one requirement which i mentioned in the above posted question..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.