It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can i export a template from a existing customized Dashboard ?

Girish Mohite (21278) | asked Sep 20 '12, 8:58 a.m.
edited Sep 20 '12, 5:31 p.m. by Seth Packham (1.4k42213)
Hello

We have customized the project and the different Team dashboards on a certain project area.
I would like to know whether we can export dashboard templates out of them ?

This is so that any new project area to be created can have the same dashboard layout /widgets without having to customize it again after creating a new project area.

Please advise

Regards

Girish Mohite

One answer

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered Sep 20 '12, 10:11 a.m.

Did you do that on the process level or just a Dashboard which you would like to reuse.

I know that you can modify the process to have Project and Team Dasboard alike, directly in the Process Configuration. But did not find any documentation about the Syntax so far.
Once done it would be easy to take the XML code and merge it in an other project area

Or if you go further and have all project area sharing the same process, you would be done.

Today we copy Tab from one Project Area to the other. A bit cumbersome, but OK

Comments
Girish Mohite commented Sep 20 '12, 11:08 a.m.

Thanks for your reply

The customization we did is on dashboard level but i am aware of a template that i can make in the Process Configuration.

Found some information here https://jazz.net/jazzdocs/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.dashboard.doc/topics/t_config_dashboard_templates.html

but that does not explain syntax for all viewlets. for example i was looking for how to add a Group filter in case of com.ibm.team.workitem.viewlet.statistics viewlet

Can you please explain how do i copy the tab from one project area to another ?

Clement Liu commented Sep 22 '12, 8:50 p.m. | edited Sep 22 '12, 8:51 p.m.

Click the tab drop-down and click "Copy". Navigate to the dashboard to which you want to copy the tab and click "Paste" on the upper right corner

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.