It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Autobuilds and auto generated baseline

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked Sep 14 '12, 6:33 p.m.
closed Oct 13 '17, 3:50 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

The automated build process in RTC v4 (previous versions as well) creates a baseline. Isn't there way to control when this baseline is created? (I'm sure the answer to that is 'No') I'm not sure I understand why the baseline gets created at the start of the build instead of at the end of the build when you may or may not want to apply that baseline.

I'm calling scm deliver at the end of the build process which used to deliver the automated build baseline but now it appears to be having trouble. I've a thread where I was having trouble getting the baseline delivered and got it working.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/72003/scmexe-deliver

I inserted a status command before my deliver in the hopes it would deliver that baseline. The output that I get is as follows:
     [exec] Local file system is consistent.
     [exec] Workspace: (1002) "Prototype App Auto Workspace" <-> (1003) "Test"  (sv>
     [exec]   Component: (1004) "AppTest"
     [exec]     Baseline: (1055) 101 "App auto build def_20120914-1618"
     [echo] SCMTools: C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\scmtools\eclipse\scm.exe
     [exec] Nothing to deliver. No outgoing changes were found.

Yet the baseline is sitting in the outgoing folder.

Also it sure would be nice to be able to control the text in the baseline. I believe I'm going to have to use a snapshot but the only problem I have with that is the fact if the component doesn't have any changes a new baseline isn't applied.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Additional information is required to adequately answer this question" by daviddl Oct 13 '17, 3:50 p.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Sep 17 '12, 11:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The build creates a baseline when the build starts just in case other changes are delivered to the Stream/Workspace while the build is happening.

According to the output of your "scm status" above, there is no outgoing baseline in your workspace. It's not clear to me what you mean by "Yet the baseline is sitting in the outgoing folder". Could you elaborate on this?
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jeff Foege commented Sep 17 '12, 11:53 a.m.

I'm tracking the workspace in my pending changes view and I can see that baseline sitting in the outgoing folder.

I modify file during the build process and deliver them back to the stream and I would like that change be included in the baseline.

Nick Edgar commented Sep 18 '12, 2:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are you sure you're looking at the same workspace, i.e. the build workspace that's configured in the build definition? Unless the build script created a new baseline, or checked in some changes, there would be nothing to deliver, since the accept at the start of the build brought the build workspace into sync with what's in the stream (it actually does a multi-component replace, not a regular accept, to properly handle discards).