It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to use GUI components in RTC custom follow-up actions implementation?

Julia Ballos (1835) | asked Aug 30 '12, 6:48 a.m.
edited Aug 30 '12, 7:23 a.m.
Lets say i would like to add custom follow-up action to Deliver operation. As part of the implementation  I would like to open some kind of webform where user can enter some data . is it possible?

One answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Aug 31 '12, 2:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Julia.  Process permissions are currently configurable via the web UI (via the manage item in the Administration (gear) menu), but preconditions and follow-up actions are not. 

There are Eclipse UI extension points for contributing "aspect editor" UIs for preconditions and follow-up actions, and we plan to support this in the future via the web UI, but it's not there yet as of RTC 4.0.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Aug 31 '12, 3:18 p.m.

But those are only for configuration of the pre/followup actions.. right?

she wants a new GUI DURING the advisor or participant execution.

Julia Ballos commented Sep 02 '12, 3:48 p.m. | edited Sep 02 '12, 3:49 p.m.

Hi Nick.

Sam is right. I need GUI to show up during the execution and not as part of the configuration. Is it possible?

thanks.

Nick Edgar commented Sep 04 '12, 9:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, UI cannot be brought up during execution of the advisor/participant execution. There's no UI context passed to theses extensions, and they may be triggered from different clients. They also run within the transaction for the operation, which you wouldn't want to block with a modal UI.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.