It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

No E-Mail Notifications will be sent as soon as a owned written Follow-up Action is activated

Tobias Burkhardt (181815) | asked Nov 23 '18, 4:00 a.m.

Hello,

We have following problem and don't have any idea to fix it.

A colleague has written a "Follow-up Action" for the section "Save Work Item" it is called "Default Subscriber". This Follow-up action only adds defined user to a work item as subscriber if a defined category was used.
But if the Follow-up action is activated we have the problem that the Owner and Creator of a Work Item don't get an E-Mail Notification. If you're only Subscriber of the Work item an E-Mail Notification will be created.

At the moment we have no idea why no E-Mail Notifications will be scheduled.
Our Follow-up action only adds Subscriber to a work item and save it.

Maybe someone has a similar problem and already fixed it and can give us a hint?

Thanks & Regards
Tobias

One answer

permanent link
Luis Peregrina (18114) | answered Nov 23 '18, 4:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Tobias, the criteria to send email or not does not currently have logging implemented, support may be able to help you add logging there to debug the reason why the emails are not sent. Just out of curiosity, does the follow-up make use of the SKIP_MAIL flag?

Comments
Tobias Burkhardt commented Nov 27 '18, 7:11 a.m.

Hello Luis,

I've talked with the developer of this Follow-up action and he don't use the flag "SKIP_MAIL". 
Also subscriber of the work item gets the E-Mail notification, so some e-mail will be send. 
I've already created a CASE for this issue and they told me to open a forum entry, too, because maybe someone had the same problem ;)
Regards
Tobias

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.