It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automatically compare new baselines with the previous one

VK L (8177157159) | asked Aug 15 '12, 11:45 p.m.
Hi All,
                    To automatically compare the baseline against the previous one, which operation should the plugin be based on? I mean is it an Operation participant and if yes, where should we configure it in the operation behaviour?

Thanks.

Comments
David Olsen commented Aug 16 '12, 1:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

When do you want this comparison to happen? What should be done with the results of the comparison?

VK L commented Aug 16 '12, 2:18 a.m. | edited Aug 16 '12, 2:23 a.m.

Hi David,
                  Can this happen during the creation of a baseline in a stream (or) any other relevant activity? The results of the comparison will provide the required data - that is being done manually by the users for a report

VK L commented Aug 16 '12, 2:20 a.m. | edited Aug 16 '12, 2:23 a.m.

And similarly, also need a report on the list of baselines at stream level - and the corresponding details like creation (or) promotion date, owner name, project name etc...I think currently, this is not possible using insight (or) Birt reporting. So, i am looking at using the Java API for this. Is this possible using the API? 

Thanks.

John Camelon commented Nov 22 '12, 2:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't know exactly what your usecase is.  The data is there, and there are ways of making a summary like this work, but I don't know where the comparison would be stored?  Why can't it be a live report using REST API based upon a selected baseline?

John Camelon commented Dec 14 '12, 11:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Downgraded question.  It is ambiguous and has been open for weeks.   The user is not responding to questions.  

VK L commented Dec 14 '12, 11:41 p.m. | edited Dec 29 '12, 1:56 a.m.

Hi John,
               Create basline is process enabled - Is there a way we can create an external functionality so that any 2 baselines can be compared - either using the REST API (or) Java API - it would be more useful if any 2 baselines can be compared.

It can be invoked by the user - passing the baseline info - to be used on adhoc basis.

Thanks.  

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

2 answers

permanent link
John Camelon (1.7k14) | answered Dec 14 '12, 11:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The client API to call is com.ibm.team.scm.client.IBaselineConnection#compareTo() if you are doing this as part of a delivery operation.  The create baseline operation is not in itself, process enabled.  

Comments
VK L commented Dec 14 '12, 11:33 p.m. | edited Dec 29 '12, 1:55 a.m.

Hi John,
                Have been unable to look into this lately.

Is there a way to achieve the baseline compare using Rest API? The Requirement is to have a functionality to auto-generate the comparison results between 2 baselines (readable format). Currently, the users are manually editing the comparison results and creating the deliverable docs.

We have to eb able to download/save the generated results in the local machine.

Thanks.

permanent link
Andrew Hoo (1.0k1) | answered Dec 17 '12, 12:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
An alternative if you are looking for some automation you can see if the CLI "scm compare baseline <uuid1> baseline <uuid2>" works for you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.