It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CQ Connector Sync - Parent Child relation

Ram Babu Pulluru (3113) | asked Aug 02 '12, 5:46 p.m.
We have CQ RTC bridge setup in our project and it works excellent. 
 We have set up parent and child relation for the work item on the Clear quest and we are using links for maintaining Parent and child relation on RTC. Is there anyway that we can map them and sync them both ways?

I appreciate any kind of advise on this matter.

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Matthew Alexander (18126) | answered Aug 13 '12, 12:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Parent/child relationships would be mapped just as reference fields are.  Here is a link to the Infocenter topic on mapping reference fields:  link
Ram Babu Pulluru selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Matthew Alexander (18126) | answered Aug 06 '12, 2:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Are you using the ClearQuest Bridge or the ClearQuest Synchronizer?  It sounds like you are using ClearQuest Bridge.  If so, parent child links cannot be created automatically on both sides (you would need to recreate them in both ClearQuest and RTC if you want them in both places). 

If you are using the ClearQuest Synchronizer, it is possible to map and synch parent/child relationships.

permanent link
Ram Babu Pulluru (3113) | answered Aug 13 '12, 11:28 a.m.
Thanks Matthew for your response. 

Can you please let me know, how can I map and sync parent/child relationships in ClearQuest Synchronizer?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.