It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to enable the permission denied explanation text area?

Troy Dugger (7121015) | asked Jul 25 '12, 11:31 a.m.
edited Jul 25 '12, 11:32 a.m.
In the Project Administration page, Permissions section, I'm unable to figure out the steps to enable the "Explanation to show when permission denied" text area.  Does anyone know what controls this?  (I would attach a snapshot, but I'm not sure how to do that here.)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Jul 25 '12, 11:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Let me give a little background first, because I think this UI needs some work...

The different levels of the tree in the "Permitted Actions" section show different types of objects, though the UI doesn't make this clear. The top level that you see are Categories like Build, Source Control, etc. The second level are the Operations that fall within these categories. Things like delivering a change set, requesting a build, or saving a workitem. Below the Operations are a hierarchy of Actions which represent the details of the operation like modifying the summary of the workitem when you save.

All that said, the "explanation to show when permission denied" is something you can configure on a per-Operation basis. So you will see the text box enabled when you select something from the second level of the tree.

Hope that helps.
Troy Dugger selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Troy Dugger commented Jul 25 '12, 12:45 p.m.

Ah, I see.. it enables on the Operation.. not the actions. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.