It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to migrate process template from RTC 3.0 to RTC 4.0

mrp singer (1021316) | asked Jul 19 '12, 2:30 p.m.
edited Jul 19 '12, 8:07 p.m. by David Olsen (5237)
Hi
Facing the issue to migration RTC 3.0 process template to RTC 4.0 and error message is
"
Problem occurred importing template.
Version mismatch. The selected template was exported from an older server version and cannot be imported. Moving an old template to a new version requires importing the template into an old server, migrating the database to the new version, and then exporting the template again. "

Has anybody got the solutions for above error message? would like know whether it is possible or not? if so how can i proceed

Thanks in advance
mrp

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Jul 19 '12, 8:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 23 '12, 4:24 p.m.
The instructions in the error message are correct (if not entirely clear).

You need to import the process template into an RTC 3.0 repository (if it isn't already in the repository).  Then upgrade the repository to RTC 4.0.  All of the process templates stored in the repository will be upgraded along with the rest of the repository.  After the upgrade, export the process template.  That will give you a 4.0-compatible process template.

An easier process for upgrading process templates has already been requested in enhancements Add Command Line Tool for upgrading process templates (217997) and Need support for multi-release process template development (205505) 

-- David Olsen, IBM Rational, Jazz Process Team
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
mrp singer commented Jul 20 '12, 3:35 a.m.

Hi David Thank you for your response and i would check with up gradation method, im using RTC 3.0 and i can directly upgrade it to RTC 4.0 or first i should upgrade to 3.0.1 and then RTC4.0? are there any step by step approach for this ? so that i can refer achieve this Thank you

Raghu NS commented Jul 20 '12, 9:10 a.m.

Not required. You can directly upgrade from RTC 3.0 to RTC 4.0

2 other answers

permanent link
Raghu NS (311) | answered Jul 20 '12, 9:09 a.m.
edited Jul 20 '12, 9:12 a.m.
I followed the steps below to migrate process template:
1. Import the template into RTC 3.x
2. Bringdown the RTC server.
3. Change the working dir to /server
4. Execute .upgrade/jts/jts_upgrade.sh -oldJTSHome JTS_3.0.1_install_dir/server/conf
5. Execute upgrade/ccm/ccm_upgrade.sh -oldApplicationHome CCM_3.0.1_install_dir/server/conf -newJTSHome 4.0JTS_install_dir/server/conf -oldJTSHome JTS_3.0.1_install_dir/server/conf
6. Once the upgrade is successful, start your RTC 4.x server.
7. Go to ccm admin page and check in templates, here you should have the one you imported earlier to your RTC 3.x.

Now you can export this template and use it with other RTC 4.x servers.

Comments
mrp singer commented Jul 20 '12, 9:19 a.m.

Hi Raghu Thank you so much for much needed information. i shall check on this weekend and update you on the status

Happy weekend mrp

mrp singer commented Jul 21 '12, 2:40 a.m.

Hi Raghu

im running first command and getting error on RTC3X server Directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server" Command: repotools-jts.bat -migration_jts_updateConfigurationFiles oldJTSHome="C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf" jtsContextRoot=jts updateTomcatFiles=yes newJTSHome="C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf"

Enter [E] to execute this step, [S] to skip it or hit [Enter] to cancel the script execution: E Repo Tools Provisioning using "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\provision_profiles". Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 3.0.1 (RJF-I20110602-0017) CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:///C%3a/PROGRA~2/IBM/JAZZTE~1/server/conf/jts/teamserver.properties". Validating JTS configuration files... CRJAZ2015E The value of the parameters "oldJTSHome" and "newJTSHome" must not refer to the same JTS home directories.

The jts upgrade failed at step 0. Correct the problem and run the script again starting at step 0. C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server>upgrade\ccm_upgrade.bat -oldApplicationHome ="C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf"

permanent link
Raghu NS (311) | answered Jul 21 '12, 6:27 a.m.
edited Jul 21 '12, 6:28 a.m.
Error message is clear, you have give same path for both old and new jts home. oldJtsHome=<path to RTC 3.x jts server home> and newJTSHome=<path to RTC 4.x jts home>. Also if you can leave out "jtsContextRoot"' if not needed. Check the paths again and you should be good to go.

-Raghu NS, IBM Rational.

Comments
mrp singer commented Jul 21 '12, 6:41 a.m.

Hi Raghu Could you please send your contact number to mrpsinger@gmail.com. i shall call you for few mins. Is it possible to give your contact number? Thank you

Leandro Leal commented Feb 05 '13, 11:01 a.m.

Hi! I could help with the following:

error

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.