It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

get streamname using scm.exe

Thomas Alexandersen (2324) | asked Aug 10 '12, 8:35 a.m.
edited Aug 10 '12, 4:57 p.m. by DJ Houghton (2663)
I am currently rewriting our automated build environment to use RTC instead of ClearCase. In Clearcase you can retrieve metadata about the view you are in using cleartool e.g. "cleartool lsstream" to get the streamname. I am trying to do the same from an RTC sandbox but apparently the scm.exe tool does not offer the same functionality. I am sure the metadata is there somewhere but how do i get it out?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Aug 13 '12, 1:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In 3.x, you can use "scm list stream -r <repoUri>" to list all the streams owned by the logged-in user. You can specify --contrib option to list streams owned by other users.
This functionality was updated in 4.0, to list all the streams by default. You can also now list streams owned by a project area and/or team area.
Thomas Alexandersen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Thomas Alexandersen commented Aug 13 '12, 3:13 a.m.

Thanks Shashikant. Let me say that I am new to RTC and perhaps I am going about this the wrong way. My problem is that the script that bootstraps our development environment doesn't know the streamname or workspace name. It only knows about the files and the directory of the sandbox from which it is loaded. The script must get the basic information like streamname/workspacename using the scm.exe command and/or the sandbox location/files.

Shashikant Padur commented Aug 13 '12, 4:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can run 'scm status -v -w' after stepping into the sandbox directory. This will list the status of the workspaces in the sandbox that has the workspace, target flow stream and loaded components information. It is similar to the pending changes view in the UI clients.

What is missing in 4.0 is the listing of attributes/properties of the workspace such as visibility, owner, flow targets etc.

Thomas Alexandersen commented Aug 15 '12, 9:14 a.m.

I thought about this but found that it only returns the info if the sandbox is not consistent. If there is no pending changes it returns "Local filesystem is consistent". A dirty hack would be to introduce a pseudo change but somehow it is not enough. Anyways .. thanks.

Shashikant Padur commented Aug 15 '12, 11:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If there is no pending changes it will list the workspace name, flow target and loaded components. Only the incoming and outgoing changes will not be shown. Can you paste the output of your "status -v -w" subcommand?

Thomas Alexandersen commented Aug 16 '12, 8:27 a.m.

My sandbox must have been corrupted somehow. When I created a new stream, workflow and sandbox and "scm status" gave me the correct output. Thanks a lot.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.