It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are the content of custom attributes not always shown in artifact view in RRC

Claus Hjerrild Pedersen (8521617) | asked Jun 25 '12, 7:58 a.m.
I work with RRC ver 3.0.1
I have created attributes of the type enumerated lists and added these to my requirements.
I have no problem using the customized attributes when working with a single requirement.
However when I add the new attibutes to an artifact view the content of the attributes is not always shown in the view.
I can however see the attibute when I use mouse over.

Has anybody else experienced problems with the presentation of customized attributes in an artifact view in RRC?
If somebody has a solution I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance / Claus

One answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jul 16 '12, 4:55 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Claus,

Are you using the base 3.0.1 release?  I haven't seen this before, but is likely fixed in a later 3.0.1 release (ie - 3.0.1.3).  When you say the attributes are not always shown in the view, does it mean that the column is empty, or the column doesn't show in the view once you try and add the column?  I tested this on a 3.0.1 server, but could not reproduce the problem you're describing.  Here's what I tried:

Create an enumerated attribute
Create 10 requirements and set the enumerated attribute to some value
Configure a view that shows all the requirements and add the enumerated attribute as a column in the view
Save the filter and execute

The column gets populated with the values I've set for each requirement.  Is there another scenario you're using that I can try?

Comments
Claus Hjerrild Pedersen commented Jul 17 '12, 2:04 a.m.

Hi Benjamin

Thanks for the comment. We are using release 3.0.1. We have had some situations where the attribute-column is shown in the view without content (the column is empty). We have created a lot of attributes where the column gets populated without any problem. Unfortunately we have not been able to find a way to reproduce the problem.

Perhaps we should just upgrade our release as you recommend :-)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.