It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem in Enumeration attribute - Attribute Shows valules of another enumeration.

Muthukumar C (32712833) | asked Jun 19 '12, 5:26 a.m.
edited Jun 19 '12, 6:10 a.m.
Hi All,

Here is my problem
I am having two enumerations. ENUM1 and ENUM2. I have created a Attribute in a WI and its type is ENUM1 (Enumeration).
But when opening that Work item window (Creation of WI), Items in the ENUM2 is populating in this filed
I have verified in all aspects and cross verified the Process Configuration source. No problem identified till now.

Is it a know issue??

Thanks

Comments
Arne Bister commented Jun 19 '12, 7:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, I just set this up in a test environment and it worked like it should. Attribute enum1_attr of type Enumeration, pointing to ENUM1, only shows the enumeration values of ENUM1 and none of ENUM2. So it is not a generally known issue. Probably means troubleshooting some more. Can you verify / falsify using a different (test) project area by recreating the enums and the field? Then you would know whether to look at that project area or something in your RTC installation. I used RTC 3.0.1.3 to verify it generally works - what version are you using?

• Arne

3 answers

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered Jun 19 '12, 7:31 a.m.
My RTC Version is 3.0.1.2. Same set of condition worked in another Environment [Different Server / Same Project area / Same Attributes] I have Removed that Attribute and Created again with different ID and the issue was resolved.

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jun 19 '12, 7:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
possibly a usage error - sharing the PA source as XML of the faulty PA may have helped to further analyze this issue.
Thanks.
Eric.

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered Jun 19 '12, 8:07 a.m.
Hi Eric,

No chance for usage error as I have copied the source from this PA and copied in another PA [Diff server]. copied place its working fine.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.