It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add to provider in RQM giving internal error when integrated with Build Forge

Veena Balakrishna (361106) | asked Jun 07 '12, 10:33 a.m.
edited Jun 07 '12, 10:43 a.m. by Spencer Murata (2.3k115971)
Hi,

In Lab management -> create machine, entered the hostname and IP details of the server. then clicked on Add Provider and entered username password of the server. Provider was displayed automatically which was defined in integration_config.xml. In Temp path gave the path of build forge agent. Later when clicked on save button encountered this error.

An internal error has occurred within provider server, please see server log for more details

In qm.log I see the below error. Please let me know if this is error is authentication error while connecting from RQM to Build forge.
2012-06-07 19:29:54,821 [              WebContainer : 2]  INFO com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.bf.v71                 - class com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.bf.v71.BFRestSPIImpl:connectAsSystem AQXSP0001I The external provider SPI is logging information: >>>Connecting as SYSTEM
2012-06-07 19:29:54,859 [              WebContainer : 2]  INFO com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.bf.v71                 - class com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.bf.v71.BFRestSPIImpl:connectAsSystem AQXSP0001I The external provider SPI is logging information: >>>Connecting as SYSTEM
2012-06-07 19:29:54,882 [              WebContainer : 2] ERROR com.ibm.rational.test.lm.service                    - class com.ibm.rational.test.lm.service.spi.integration.IntegrationService:addAsset AQXSP5007E Encountered an error within the external provider SPI: com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.common.SPIException: BuildForge APIException: API: Authentication Error.

3 answers

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jun 07 '12, 10:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not familiar with the RQM/BF integration, but the APIException here occurs when the user/password does not match a Build Forge user.  Perhaps the credentials you gave should have been a BF user/password, instead of a server user/password.

permanent link
Veena Balakrishna (361106) | answered Jun 08 '12, 10:08 a.m.
Hi ,

Thanks for the reply. I have fixed the authentication error but seeing some other error now while adding a machine.

This is the error "Failed adding lab resource to provider"
2012-06-08 18:48:37,430 [             WebContainer : 41] ERROR com.ibm.rational.test.lm.service                    - class com.ibm.rational.test.lm.service.spi.integration.IntegrationService:addAsset AQXSP5007E Encountered an error within the external provider SPI: com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.common.SPIException: BuildForge ServiceException: Message[uuid=null, timestamp=1339161641, userUuid=, processId=0, severity=ERROR, type=, componentUuid=null, messageKey=DBQueryFailed, indirectionMask=0, args={org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement@675a675a|com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.lm: DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-530, SQLSTATE=23503, SQLERRMC=BFSCHEMA.BF_MESSAGES.FK_BF_MESSAGE1, DRIVER=3.50.152}]

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jun 08 '12, 10:31 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
That error is for a foreign key constraint violation.  RQM is trying to insert something into the bf_messages table that does not satisfy the constraints.  You will probably have to open a PMR with Build Forge to dig down to figure out how the constraint is getting violated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.