It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Multisite without common network

Anat Mizrahi (111) | asked May 31 '12, 8:25 a.m.
Hi, we are working in ClearCase in a certain methodology and I'd like to check if RTC is an upgrade option for us.
we have two servers, one is classified. this means that although the servers share code, it cannot be connected and located in the same network.
In CC we export files from one server to CD and import to the second server.
Are there any similar options in RTC?

Thanks
Anat.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 31 '12, 10:33 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This functionality is requested in work item 135153. You should feel free to add a comment to that work item, indicating your interest/support.
Until that is implemented, my answer would be that you'll probably want to keep ClearCase as your disconnected transport mechanism. But note that you could investigate having some (or all) of your development teams use RTC-SCM, and use the CC Synchronizer to keep the code sync'ed between the two RTC repositories. If you decide to try that route, I'd suggest posting a work item on jazz.net to get some help/guidance from the CC Synchronizer team on how to set this up.

Cheers,
Geoff

Hi, we are working in ClearCase in a certain methodology and I'd like to check if RTC is an upgrade option for us.
we have two servers, one is classified. this means that although the servers share code, it cannot be connected and located in the same network.
In CC we export files from one server to CD and import to the second server.
Are there any similar options in RTC?

Thanks
Anat.

permanent link
Liora Milbaum (513282117) | answered Nov 21 '13, 2:06 a.m.
 I would like to subscribe to this work item but do not have the right license credentials. 

Please assist,
Liora

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.