It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Control size of editor presentations

Rachel Alderman (331518) | asked May 28 '12, 10:38 a.m.
I have custom workitems, with associated editors, that have multiple multi-line text (ie HTML) presentations.

Is there a way (a property similar to properties like labelVisible??) where I can specify the minimum size attributes the for a presentation?

Currently the same editor displayed in the Eclipse UI displays presentations of kind "com.ibm.team.workitem.kind.html" that have default values as a single line box (even though they span multiple lines), whereas on the browser UI it displays them as the size necessary to show the content.

The concern is that users will miss information in the boxes because its is "hidden" unless you know to scroll down.

Thanks in advance
Rachel

Comments
kavita herur commented May 08 '13, 6:06 a.m.

Hi All,

I am also looking for this. Please let me know what solution you got on this. 

Thanks,

Kavita

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 08 '13, 11:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rachel,

as far as I know, you have no control on this, except choosing a different layout or slot in the layout. But even in a different layout, the layout provides the general proportion and the UI calculates the distribution of the fields in their layout slot.

Comments
Rachel Alderman commented May 13 '13, 10:08 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
This is a really frustrating scenario - particularly as the browser version of the editor displays the same layout differently to the client. A colleague thought there was a new property possible at RTC 4, but was unable to remember where he saw it and I was hoping these was a minimum height property available.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.