It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unassigned Checkbox on Queries

derry davis (23222016) | asked May 14 '12, 3:57 p.m.
I have a query that I need some help understanding. It filters out all work items with a certain field, say field_a, that is empty. We use the 'Unassigned' checkbox and the 'is not' condition. All work items without any values in field_a are filtered. However several results come back with a value of 'Unassigned'. Adding a second condition of 'contains' and selecting 'Unassigned' then filters out the results with an unassigned value.

It seems like these conditions are contradicting each other. I would expect the first condition to work properly anyway. According to this Jazz article https://jazz.net/library/article/42 "The 'Unassigned' check box allows you to query for uninitialized or unset fields of a work item." So if it 'is not' 'unassigned' I would expect it to show up in the results. In other words if it was a value it should show up in the results. Yet it is display work items with 'unassigned' for the field.

My question is why are there results with a value of 'Unassigned'? And the work items clearly don't have values assigned to the field.
Thanks in advance,
Derry

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Pool (2644) | answered May 15 '12, 4:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It sounds like somehow the attribute is sometimes getting the string value 'Unassigned'. But I don't know when that happens. There are a variety of settings that could be of interest. If you send me more information about which attributes and how they are being edited I may be able to narrow this down for you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.