It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add a section for all test cases in a project area?

David Hanslip (23124448) | asked May 06 '12, 7:31 a.m.
Hi,

I need to add the Requirements section (and remove the Requirements Collections section) to all my test cases (many thousands) in a project area.

I certainly don't want to do this test case by test case. Is it possible to make this modification for all test cases in the project area?

Thanks....

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Chirillo (1801623) | answered May 06 '12, 10:16 a.m.
You have to go one by one. It might not be as bad at is seems .....if you take the approach of adding the Requirements section to a test case at the time you want to associate it with a ReqPro (or DOORS) requirement (versus taking the time to modify the sections of all the test cases first). Just factor in another 20 seconds or so per test case (I predict that finding the necessary requirement to link the test case to is going to take up the largest chunk of time in the entire scenario).

Your only automated option might be to create an RFT script to do the grunt work.

permanent link
David Hanslip (23124448) | answered May 06 '12, 10:11 p.m.
Thanks. So I can't change the underlying template?

I'll try the RFT option. Getting a script to iterate over the test cases could prove interesting.

permanent link
Daniel Chirillo (1801623) | answered May 08 '12, 6:48 p.m.
Changing the template doesn't change anything you've already created
with that template. It only changes the sections that appear in new
test cases created after the change has been made.

On 5/6/12 10:38 PM, dhanslip wrote:
Thanks. So I can't change the underlying template?

I'll try the RFT option. Getting a script to iterate over the test
cases could prove interesting.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.