It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export files in Change Set

Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | asked Apr 26 '12, 2:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there an easy way to copy the files collected in a change set (and only those) to a place outside eclipse?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Apr 27 '12, 9:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there an easy way to copy the files collected in a change set (and only those) to a place outside eclipse?

203315 - Want to have an option to extract old version of source controled files from old baselines / extract or export from a list of change sets or selection in repo file view
197433 - Download files in Change Set

Those work items might be what you want. The first is for Eclipse and the second is for the web ui.
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Apr 27 '12, 5:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
HaJo,

I have not found an easy way in the Eclipse client. You can accept the change set into your repository workspace (if it fits) and copy them from there.
I have not found a menu entry that would allow a "save files" from the change set.

I think it should be possible to create an eclipse extension.

In the Web UI you can open a change set from a work item, see the changes and follow the individual file links, open them and download the files.

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered May 04 '12, 7:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@tmok, yes, at least the stuff described in 203315 comment 9 would work for my customer.
But at the moment it is still in backlog and not planned...

203315 - Want to have an option to extract old version of source controled files from old baselines / extract or export from a list of change sets or selection in repo file view
197433 - Download files in Change Set

Those work items might be what you want. The first is for Eclipse and the second is for the web ui.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.