It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Know limitations to templating import reqpro project in rrc?

Brad Middleton (6911010) | asked Apr 24 '12, 5:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are there any know limitations to templating an imported reqpro project in RRC v3.0.1.2?

I have a ReqPro project which I want to template first before updating the project content, to take benefit of RRC capabilities.

I have tried it with a small reqpro project and it worked OK.

When I try and template ReqPro project where there might be duplicate
Artefact types, Attributes, Saved Filters etc
the template fails with no information at 10%.

Does anyone have any information on this please?

2 answers

permanent link
Tom Mutdosch (1761) | answered Apr 24 '12, 3:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brad,

Are you referring to creating a Project Template? Roughly how large is your project - do you have thousands of artifacts? I believe there is an upper limit that is reached, though it certainly shouldn't be failing with no help at all.
Might also be worth a look in the {RM-install}/server/logs/rm.log file to see if anything of note has been logged there.
To see if it's the number of projects, as a test you might try delecting Artifacts when capturing the template to see if goes beyond 10%.

Tom

permanent link
Brad Middleton (6911010) | answered Apr 25 '12, 7:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brad,

Are you referring to creating a Project Template? Roughly how large is your project - do you have thousands of artifacts? I believe there is an upper limit that is reached, though it certainly shouldn't be failing with no help at all.
Might also be worth a look in the {RM-install}/server/logs/rm.log file to see if anything of note has been logged there.
To see if it's the number of projects, as a test you might try delecting Artifacts when capturing the template to see if goes beyond 10%.

Tom

The project contains approximately a few thousand artefacts.
I'd like to know what the upper limits are, if anyone can tell me?

I've not had a chance to look at the logs or import without the artefacts yet, but will complete this week.

But one of the key drivers is to template a large imported ReqPro project for reuse.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.