It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC database/server migration question

Michael Mancini (1362410) | asked Jul 23 '09, 10:53 a.m.
We have just switched server providers and we have to downgrade our Oracle version from 11g to 10.2 and migrate everything in RRC over to the new server and database. Are there any tools or suggestions for the best way to do this?

2 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jul 30 '09, 12:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have just switched server providers and we have to downgrade our Oracle version from 11g to 10.2 and migrate everything in RRC over to the new server and database. Are there any tools or suggestions for the best way to do this?

I am not aware of any database tools to do this but one way might be save each RRC Project from the old database as an archive - right click menu option from the project and select download, specifying the archive location and the archive check mark.

Then upload the project archive with the new server, creating first the blank project to receive the upload data.

The RRC archive - can be download as a series of individual files or folders or a single archive - the single archive is the best option, as the upload for the entire project can be done at once.

permanent link
Michael Mancini (1362410) | answered Jul 30 '09, 12:21 p.m.
Ok that sounds good to me. Do you know the best way to migrate the users as well? I want to make sure that the user relationship integrity is still there and the migration will be transparent to the user?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.