It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How would I build a TestCase Repository for many projects

Morris David (111) | asked Apr 23 '12, 2:56 p.m.
Greetings fellow Jazz Users,

I'm trying to put together a 'Central Repository' for all my test cases to be used across several 'LifeCycle' projects. Anyone have an idea of how this could be accomplished?

Kind Regards,

Guru

One answer

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered May 15 '12, 1:07 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Greetings fellow Jazz Users,

I'm trying to put together a 'Central Repository' for all my test cases to be used across several 'LifeCycle' projects. Anyone have an idea of how this could be accomplished?

Kind Regards,

Guru

This can be done by just creating a "Central Repository" project and then creating the test cases there. Then to copy them t another project, log in to the "Central Repository" project and use the duplicate functionality in the UI.

That said, that isn't a process that I would recommend. It will cause the duplication of a lot of data in the data base because each duplicated test case will be a separate entity. If possible it would be better not to use multiple ProjectAreas that way. Have one ProjectArea for a product and then use TestPlans as the top level container for a release. That would allow you to just reference the same test cases from multiple test plans removing the need to copy.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.