It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Delete work items.

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | asked Apr 18 '12, 3:32 p.m.
edited Nov 28 '13, 2:39 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103)
All,

I am on a test system and I want to delete some work items. I gave myself all of the--JazzAdmin, PM/Developer, we then went in to the Permissions tab and found "Delete Work Items" and gave the permission to the PM.

I want to delete work items, but get a quick Permission Denied error message.

What else do I need?

12 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 29 '12, 1:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You need to belong to the JazzAdmin (or as of 3.0.1.1, JazzProjectAdmin) repository group in order to delete a work item, in addition to having the "Delete Work Item" permission set for the project/team area that owns the work item being deleted.

Note: Belonging to the JazzUsers repository group is not sufficient to allow you to delete work items.

Cheers,
Geoff

In general, one does not use "right click" in the RTC Web UI.
To delete a work item in the Web UI, click on the red X icon in the upper right corner of the work item (the hover help will be "delete work item").

Cheers,
Geoff

Try Manage This Project Area
Then Go to the Permissions tab
Then choose the options and select Project Manager to see the permissions.

Sorry, where do I find "Manage This Project Area"? I'm using both the standalone and Web clients.

At the moment, all I do is to "invalidate" the work item (mainly tasks) and put the estimate to zero. Is there anything wrong in this approach?

On the web client, it's on the right side at the top . I'ts a drop down.

Thanks. Found it and set the permissions to delete work items. But I couldn't find the option to delete the work item by right clicking on it.

(Previous post seems to be lost. Try again)
Thank Geoff. I loaded up a work item in the Web UI, but couldn't find the red X at the top right corner. There was only the ? (Help) symbol.

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | answered Apr 19 '12, 11:27 a.m.
Sterling,
If you have the Project Manager role within the Project Area and you have given the Project Manager role Delete Work Item permissions on the Team Configuration, you should be able to do this. You do not need JazzAdmins repository permissions (I just tested this with JazzProjectAdmins, but it should work with JazzUsers also, I think.

Reboot solved this.

Thanks..

permanent link
Joel Pech (331) | answered Apr 18 '12, 4:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sterling,
If you have the Project Manager role within the Project Area and you have given the Project Manager role Delete Work Item permissions on the Team Configuration, you should be able to do this. You do not need JazzAdmins repository permissions (I just tested this with JazzProjectAdmins, but it should work with JazzUsers also, I think.

permanent link
Why Tea (25246) | answered Apr 23 '12, 10:14 p.m.
Sterling,

I am a PO and an ScM, I simply can't find an option to delete work items under a story or defect. Is there a way to do it?

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | answered Apr 24 '12, 11:34 a.m.
Sterling,

I am a PO and an ScM, I simply can't find an option to delete work items under a story or defect. Is there a way to do it?

permanent link
Why Tea (25246) | answered Apr 25 '12, 2:24 a.m.
Sterling,

Sorry, where do I find "Manage This Project Area"? I'm using both the standalone and Web clients.

At the moment, all I do is to "invalidate" the work item (mainly tasks) and put the estimate to zero. Is there anything wrong in this approach?

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | answered Apr 25 '12, 4:03 p.m.

permanent link
Why Tea (25246) | answered Apr 26 '12, 1:13 a.m.

Thanks. Found it and set the permissions to delete work items. But I couldn't find the option to delete the work item by right clicking on it.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 26 '12, 1:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To delete a work item in the Web UI, click on the red X icon in the upper right corner of the work item (the hover help will be "delete work item").

Cheers,
Geoff

permanent link
Why Tea (25246) | answered Apr 28 '12, 11:13 a.m.

Cheers,
Geoff

(Previous post seems to be lost. Try again)
Thank Geoff. I loaded up a work item in the Web UI, but couldn't find the red X at the top right corner. There was only the ? (Help) symbol.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.