It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RSA 8.0.4 with RTC on windows 7 machine

Veera Maddipati (1111) | asked Mar 29 '12, 8:01 p.m.
HI,
I have installed RSA 8.0.4 and RTC 3.0.1.1, and I do see product name RTC on splash screen and also all installed features, but I don't see any RTC related views or perspective.

I am running RSA on my widows 7 machine. I have tried RSA with 32 bit and 64 bit also.

Thanks,
Robert

5 answers

permanent link
Veera Maddipati (1111) | answered Mar 30 '12, 2:40 p.m.
Can somebody help on this issue?

permanent link
Veera Maddipati (1111) | answered Apr 02 '12, 4:34 p.m.
Can somebody help on this issue?

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered May 09 '12, 4:23 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
HI,
I have installed RSA 8.0.4 and RTC 3.0.1.1, and I do see product name RTC on splash screen and also all installed features, but I don't see any RTC related views or perspective.

I am running RSA on my widows 7 machine. I have tried RSA with 32 bit and 64 bit also.

Thanks,
Robert

Did you install RSA into Program Files? Not sure this is your issue, but I've had problems in the past with Windows 7 and adding features to an Eclipse-based client. In general, I don't install to Program Files any longer. I also make sure to run any installations "as Administrator" to make sure they have enough rights to be successful. I had an issue recently (sorry I can't recall exactly which products) where the "installer" launched a subsequent installer and only by running the first one "as Administrator" was it able to start the second one with enough privileges to be successful.

permanent link
Roman Radev (6) | answered May 10 '12, 10:02 a.m.
try to activate the Jazz perspective under:
Window -> preferences -> General -> capabilities -> Team -> Advanced -> Jazz Source Control

Regards,
Roman

permanent link
Steve Gardner (3121) | answered May 23 '12, 2:10 p.m.
HI,

Thanks,
Robert

When you select your perspective, click the Show All box and it should appear.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.