It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Potential bug while creating a plan

Pranam Codur (654) | asked Mar 27 '12, 10:47 p.m.
Hi

We use RTC client 3.0.1.2 and connect to RTC server V3. We have a project area called X and two teams A and B under this.

As our new release has started we had to create a new plan. After creating a plan (Release Backlog) when we wanted to set the owner of backlog to the project team (X) we see an error:
The selected iteration does not belong to the selected timeline

The only way to overcome this problem was either to
i) Select the owner of the release backlog as one of the teams under the project team( either A or B )
ii) We had to copy the release backlog from an older release. This is what we did and we could then select the owner as project team (X)

I wonder if this is a bug because the release backlog should be owned by the entire project team and not teams under it.

Can someone let me know if I am doing / understanding something incorrectly ?

Regards
Pranam :?: :roll:

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 28 '12, 6:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Although the project area is a parent of the team areas from a permissions perspective, the project area is not a parent of the team areas from a planning perspective. The ability to define a plan across multiple timelines is requested in work item 94056. Please feel free to add a comment to that work item indicating your interest/support.

Cheers,
Geoff

Hi

We use RTC client 3.0.1.2 and connect to RTC server V3. We have a project area called X and two teams A and B under this.

As our new release has started we had to create a new plan. After creating a plan (Release Backlog) when we wanted to set the owner of backlog to the project team (X) we see an error:
The selected iteration does not belong to the selected timeline

The only way to overcome this problem was either to
i) Select the owner of the release backlog as one of the teams under the project team( either A or B )
ii) We had to copy the release backlog from an older release. This is what we did and we could then select the owner as project team (X)

I wonder if this is a bug because the release backlog should be owned by the entire project team and not teams under it.

Can someone let me know if I am doing / understanding something incorrectly ?

Regards
Pranam :?: :roll:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.