It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can the Expiration Policy Get Its Value from an Attribute?

Dan Duce (2534645) | asked Mar 21 '12, 6:47 a.m.
I want to use the Expiration policy to expire assets after a certain time that the asset owner can set.

I'd like to have an attribute called Review Period and set it to a range from 3 to 18 months. The owner would input a value in this range.

I want the lifecycle expiration policy to pick up this number and use it, but I don't see any way of doing that. Is there one?

I have similar requirements for other policies to be able to look at attribute values in the same asset and use them. In general, can this be done?

Thanks,

One answer

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered Mar 22 '12, 4:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is not a built in policy to do this, but you could write a custom policy to accomplish your goal. Some existing policies do take actions based on attribute values. For example, the 'Modify Reviewer' policy adds a reviewer based on the value of the 'Owner' attribute.

You would set your policy to run on a timer, maybe once per day, and each time it ran you could check the value of the 'Review Range' attribute and decide whether or not it is necessary to take a particular action.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.