It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Finding stream or Baseline assocaited with workItem

Desh Sharma (4669) | asked Mar 20 '12, 2:46 p.m.
Is there way to find Stream or Baseline associated with WorkItem
Example:I can find State
findAttributeValue(repository,projectAreaName, workItem, "internalState");

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 23 '12, 4:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I know there is no direct relationship between WI's and Streams or baselines. Especially there is no built in attribute for that. You could only try to find the related change sets and try to follow them. I have no example code myself.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Meenakshi Surendar commented Jul 31 '14, 7:30 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Do we have any update on this?
This seem to be a very old thread, i am trying to find out, with a given workitem, how do we get the stream details on which the workitem was delivered?
Do we have any RTC improvements which has this feature now?

Thanks,
Meenakshi. 

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 31 '14, 7:39 a.m.

There is no relationship between streams or baselines and work items.
If the work item is in a public build, you could follow the relationship to the build result and get the snapshot from there.

The question was an API question. I assume it is somehow possible to use the API to get at the data e.g. for the change set, for all streams, analyze if the change set is in the stream and then walk the history of the stream to find baselines.  I have not done that myself.

RTC provides a capability to find out if change sets related to a work item are in a stream in the Eclipse client. This should include finding if it is in a baseline.

You might be able to look at the SDK and figure out how it is done.

One other answer

permanent link
Penchala suman (461425) | answered Jul 31 '14, 8:59 a.m.

any plan to implement this requirement in feature releases, because this is regular use case for our developers, they want to find out where they exactly developed there source code on the stream and used that workitem. right it is very difficult to find the info.

Do you want to me open enhancement request for this

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 31 '14, 9:13 a.m.

I would suggest to do so. If you think you need an API. However, there is something in the Eclipse Client. Have you looked into the implementation available in the RTC Client?

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 31 '14, 9:28 a.m.

Just thinking that the developers don't want to have to use an API or you to create an (expensive) application based on the API.

Penchala suman commented Jul 31 '14, 9:53 a.m.

Thanks Ralph Schoon 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.