It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question on Ignore/Recognize changes during dependency build

Anita Jey (1611315) | asked Mar 20 '12, 12:12 p.m.
Hi,

I am a little confused on how the "Ignore/Recognise changes during dependency build" work? (Available on copybook right click in Pending Changes view)

Case 1: If I do not make a selection at all, i.e. both Ignore and Recognize are available in the right click menu, what is the default value?
The file properties map is empty.
Case 2: When I choose Ignore changes, it gets grayed out, and only Recognize Changes is available in the right click menu (this sounds okay). If I try printing the property map, it is still empty. This could also be okay if Ignore is the default behaviour.
Case 3: When I choose Recognize changes, it gets grayed out, and Ignore changes now becomes available (this is also expected). BUT, When I print the property map of the file, I get "team.enterprise.build.changes.ignoreForDependencyBuild = true". This does not sound correct to me. Should it not be false?

Any explanation is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-AJ

One answer

permanent link
Anita Jey (1611315) | answered Mar 21 '12, 11:11 a.m.
Please ignore the above question. I realized that the problem was not with the property itself, but rather, how I was getting the property. I am opening a new topic to address it. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.