It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Location of Workitem template XML

Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | asked Mar 19 '12, 9:50 a.m.
Where can I find XML of Workitem template on RTC server ? which location ? I could generate the template using File->Export->Workitem template -> select the project area ->save the template. But the problem is if the template has issues it doesn't allow to export.It displays the message "Cannot fetch available templates from Server" . I need the template XML because I want to compare with the working template and find the mising things.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 19 '12, 9:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

you can find the templates associated to the project area in the Eclise client in the process configuration>Project configuration>Configuration Data>Work Items>Templates. The file is uploaded to the process template. In the Eclipse client you can find the files in the template on the Attachments section on the "Links" tab of the project area configuration editor. The path starts with /workitemtemplates/

permanent link
Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | answered Mar 19 '12, 10:12 a.m.
Thanks.I see the Links tab in the project area but there is no attachment section in it.I hope you are refering to section Artifact under Links tab where we see Builds,Plans,Workitem categories etc.
In Process configuration source I though see some text as processattachment:/workitemtemplates/com.ibm.team.workitem.template10.xml but still my question remains where to find the XML of these template irrespective of template being working or nonworking ( with issues).

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 19 '12, 10:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks.I see the Links tab in the project area but there is no attachment section in it.I hope you are refering to section Artifact under Links tab where we see Builds,Plans,Workitem categories etc.
In Process configuration source I though see some text as processattachment:/workitemtemplates/com.ibm.team.workitem.template10.xml but still my question remains where to find the XML of these template irrespective of template being working or nonworking ( with issues).

No, scroll way down on the right side the last editor is called Attachments. It has context menus to download.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.