It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set the owner to the submitter when create workitem?

Jia Jia Li (8058157192) | asked Mar 12 '12, 2:03 p.m.
Hi, anyone knows how to implement this req?
When the user submit the work item, we want to set the owner to the default submitter.

Thanks very much!

2 answers

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Mar 12 '12, 7:12 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
When the user submit the work item, we want to set the owner to the default submitter.

Thanks very much!

I was able to do this by creating a Default Values Attribute Customization (I called it "SubmitterIsFirstOwner") and then setting that customization on the Owner attribute of the Defect work item type. I set the default value to be "Authenticated User" (which should be the person logged in and creating the work item). When I created a new Defect, my user was immediately populated as the owner.

To use this approach for other work item types, you would need to set it on the Owner attribute of each work item type you want to behave this way. Defect is probably a bad choice as you may discourage people from filing defects if they then immediately own the work item. ;-)

Comments
Helen Yao commented Jun 14 '13, 10:38 a.m.

Which RTC are you using? There is no way to set the "work item type" on RTC 3

permanent link
Jia Jia Li (8058157192) | answered Mar 13 '12, 10:39 a.m.
Nice Method~

Thanks very much!

I was able to do this by creating a Default Values Attribute Customization (I called it "SubmitterIsFirstOwner") and then setting that customization on the Owner attribute of the Defect work item type. I set the default value to be "Authenticated User" (which should be the person logged in and creating the work item). When I created a new Defect, my user was immediately populated as the owner.

To use this approach for other work item types, you would need to set it on the Owner attribute of each work item type you want to behave this way. Defect is probably a bad choice as you may discourage people from filing defects if they then immediately own the work item. ;-)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.